Director, Account Development
Competiscan is a leading-edge competitive intelligence and market research company which provides clients with real-time access to marketing and communication materials. Our service-based model encourages our clients to leverage our research team to access data, develop analysis, and present trends as part of client subscription-based reports and services.
We seek a seasoned professional to support and execute client retention/growth strategies of this rapidly growing organization. In this role you will be responsible for growing, enhancing and maintaining our enviable book of client relationships. This position is based out of our Chicago, IL office.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieves goals for retention and expansion of existing client relationships to drive expansion revenue.
- Develops deep client relationships via partnership review meetings to obtain additional client opportunities.
- Creates strategic growth plans for assigned accounts and shares with senior executive team in order to coordinate business strategies within and across accounts, sectors.
- Brings industry, sector expertise; maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviews professional publications, establishes personal networks, participates in professional societies/conferences.
- Travel to client meetings, conferences, prospect locations. Schedule to be developed, with potential of up to 30% travel expectation.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports; i.e. call reports, weekly work plans, etc.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, new market entries, client acquisition and retention approaches, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 10+ years account development experience with proven success.
- Financial Services, Health Care, Insurance, Direct Marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or other relevant sales management and tracking tools.
- Superior client relationship management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals/targets.
- Experience with syndicated research sales is a plus.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits program along with exceptional opportunities for growth and development. Interested candidates should respond via email with a resume to the attention of Bujeta Vokshi (email@example.com). Please reference “Director, Account Development” in the subject line of your email.